Butter Poached LobsterGo Back
1) Bring a large pot of water with 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
to the boil.
2) Kill the lobsters by using a knife to sever the spine. Plunge the lobster into the water and cook for 2 minutes, just enough to allow you to remove the meat from the shell.
3) Place 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and whisk in the butter piece by piece. Continue adding until all the butter is
emulsified. Set aside and keep warm, (The best way is in a thermos). Do not allow to boil.
4) To finish the lobster place the meat in a single layer in a large saucepan or saute pan. Add the emulsified butter. The lobster meat should be just about covered. Place the pan
over a low heat and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the meat is just heated through.
5) To serve remove the lobster tails and claws from the butter
and drain well.
1 pound unsalted butter at room temperature!
Par cooked meat from three lobsters at room
ACTIVE TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR